Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ben's Kindergarten Graduation


Ben's graduation ended about 2 hours ago. It's crazy how fast this year went by. It feels like yesterday when I took him up to his teacher on the first day of school and had him line up with his class by the flag pole, and then watched him wave goodbye as he walked away. Now the year is over and I'm beginning to realize that people are right when they say to enjoy your kids now because tomorrow they will be gone. Ben looked adorable (okay, I'll say 'handsome' for Ben's sake) in his little graduation hat, walking down the aisle and getting his graduation certificate from his teacher, Mrs. Armknecht. I have to say, she is wonderful and I couldn't have asked for a better teacher for Ben. I'm crossing my fingers that Emma and Josh get her too because she's THAT good! After all the kids got their certificates, then Mrs. Armknecht played a slideshow of the kids during the year. It was really cute and it was amazing to see all they did over the past 9 months. I'm really proud of Ben. I heard nothing but good things about him from everyone, his teacher, other room moms, etc. He has tested above average on everything and seems to soak in all he is taught. I still remember a couple months ago when he was telling me who was on the penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar, and what was on the back of them and what some of them represented (sheesh, I didn't even know some of that!) He loves teaching Emma how to read words and do math. He's a smartie and Jake and I are proud of him. Good job, Ben! Next up... 1st grade.

PS While I was outside taking Ben's picture in front of our house, I had to take one of our roses too. I love June for a lot of reasons (my birthday, our anniversary, great weather, summer begins, etc.) but also because of the roses. I can't say I love pruning our rose bushes or getting stuck by those dang thorns more times than I can count, but I do love how pretty they are when they bloom, and how great they smell.

Ben and Mrs. Armknecht

Ben's Kindergarten class

Ben with Emma and Josh sitting at his table

Proud of his graduation certificate

Emma, posing right after the graduation ended

And, my roses

2 comments:

Nancy K said...

What a stud!

sportyrls said...

Way to go Ben!
I love the high 5 as he goes by : )