Tuesday, June 2, 2009

8 years down... eternity to go

Jake and I were married on June 2, 2001 at 11am. It was a Saturday, overcast, and I was worried it would rain. The whole day though, despite being a little chilly at the reception, turned out perfectly, exactly how I had hoped my wedding day would be. Now 8 years later, it's hard to believe all we have been through and yet 8 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things. We've graduated college, had 3 kids, Jake graduated law school, we have had many different jobs (some great and some not-so-great... like computer tech support at Alorica which Jake hated, or me as a receptionist at a copy machine store, ugh). We have owned 5 cars, and only one of those was a piece of crap. (We lucked out!) We lived in student housing three times, lived with Jake's grandpa, my parents, a rental in Klamath Falls, Oregon, and Sugarhouse, and finally bought our own house in 2007. If you would have asked me 8 years ago where I thought we would be in 8 years, I would have said "happily married with a couple kids, a house, a good job, and lots of love and laughter." I'm lucky to have all that and more.

So, Jake already made me a 10 minute video with pictures of us put to music, and then he added himself talking for a little bit. I can't compete with that and I'm not going to try. I just want him to know I love him and am so glad he's mine. I know I'm not the easiest person to live with sometimes, but thankfully he still puts up with me. I'm really lucky. Love you, babe.

5 comments:

Jacob S. said...

Happy Anniversary, you're the best and I love you and I look very pasty in that wedding picture.

jamieschip said...

We both look pasty, but I'm the only one with paper-thin eyebrows, so at least you have that going for you.

Andrew and Melissa said...

We have a couple on our ward that are celebrating their 8th Anniversary today also. Crazy! It would be even more crazy if you got married in the same temple :)

Happy Anniversary!

Chelsea said...

Happy Anniversary! Don't you love that since you lost so much weight you look EXACTLY the same as the day you got married! What? Jamie has 3 kids? Seriously? She looks the same! You look awesome!

Ashleigh said...

Happy Anniversary! I remembered that today was your anniversary...a few days ago. I totally forgot to wish you a happy anniversary on the phone. Oh well, I'm doing it now. Oh, and I was totally going to say what Chelsea said. You DO look as skinny as your wedding day picture. In fact, you look skinnier! Sick! P.S. Jayden saw your current picture and said, "OH, that's my Aunt Jamie and Uncle Jake. Awww, I love them. I remembered that Aunt Jamie let me take some plants from outside and put them in the pasta, and it was SO yummy!" Then she saw your wedding picture and said, "AWW! Why are they getting married?" I didn't know what she was getting at, so I told her because you wanted to be married to eachother. She said, "Oh, right, so they could have babies."