Monday, June 8, 2009

28 is not so bad!


After Jake's cute post this morning, everyone knows of the festivities going on at our house lately. Today was a fun day, nearly perfect (besides Barkley peeing on me at the Vet's office. He was given two shots and scared, so I picked him up to comfort him and he let it out all over my shirt... nice.) Anyway, I had a session with my trainer at 6:30am and told him to work me hard because I knew I wouldn't be good with my calories today, and boy did he work me. By the end I was dripping with sweat and knew I would be sore in a few hours. I love workouts like that! When I got home Jake and the kids wished me happy birthday. As I was heading out to take Emma and Ben to swim lessons, my cute neighbor gave me a necklace for my birthday and put a sign on the back of my car without me knowing. It said "HONK! It's my birthday." (I wondered why people kept honking at me and just thought I was cutting them off or not driving right.) My RS president put a Happy Birthday sign in my yard and gave me a card. My visiting teaching companion brought me a wallflower and nice card. My good friend, Abby, made me a delicious strawberry marble cake with whipped cream and fresh blueberries and strawberries. I had to have two pieces because it was that good! My best friend, Naomi, sent me a card in the mail and it made me really miss her. I can't wait to see her next month when we go to Oregon. I got lots of birthday calls from relatives, birthday e-mails, and nearly 40 birthday posts on my Facebook profile (thanks to Jake for announcing it.) The carpet guy came and restretched our carpet and then I moved the furniture back so now our basement is functional again. Then I had enough time to take a quick 'birthday' nap before the kids woke up. When Jake got home from work he had a bag of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups for me (my favorite candy) and a sweet card. The whole family went out to Hires for dinner. I splurged and had cheese fries and a sandwich. (A girl can splurge on her birthday, right?!) When we got home we ate Abby's cake, put the kids to bed, watched the Will Ferrell special on Man Vs. Wild (Jake and I were laughing our heads off!) Jake massaged my legs and feet, even though he had a headache. Overall, it has been a great birthday. What a great way to start off my 28th year. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. I'm lucky to have such wonderful friends and family.

5 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Wow, well aren't you special! That's so awesome that so many people did something for you birthday. don't you feel loved? BTW, your hair is REALLY cute. I really really like it. Like...REALLY. And of course you're a skinny B, and you make me sick. Love you!

Ksenia said...

Happy Birthday (again)! You look beautiful in those pictures and sounds like you had a great day. Like the carpet guy said, you so don't look old enough to have three kids :)

Iliana said...

Happy Birthday! You're young! Sounds like it was great.

The Cherry Family said...

Glad you had a good day! I didn't know my cake would be famous! I would have put it on the cake stand, but that might not have made it to your house on top of the stroller!

Bev Tate said...

happy bithday, you are looking so good.