Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Glencoe Class of '99 Reunion Blog


I've received e-mails over the past few months asking about our 10-year reunion next year and decided to create a reunion blog. Here is the link:

www.glencoe99reunion.blogspot.com

Feel free to forward it on to any who graduated with us and I will make sure to update it with the latest plans the Senior Class committee comes up with. Also, please send pictures and your life update too so we can post them for all to see. I will eventually make a slideshow from all the info I get and will play it at the reunion.

It's weird to think we have been out of high school for 9 years now. I feel like such a different person from where I was back then. I think I'm a little more mature now (hopefully, right?!) I have a husband, three kids, mortgage, and a college degree under my belt. I'm happy to say I'm exactly where I want to be at this point in my life. I have long-term career goals I've set for myself and know one day I will accomplish them. For now, my children are my first priority and I wouldn't have it any other way.

As I've been looking through my yearbook, e-mailing old friends, and brainstorming ideas for our reunion, it's been a weird and nostalgic experience. When I was elected senior class president I knew one of my main jobs would be overseeing the planning of all reunions and at the time I wanted nothing more than to be right in the middle of all the "fun." Now I'm wondering what that crazy 17-year old was thinking!! :) All joking aside, I'm excited to start working with my committee again and meeting up with friends I haven't seen in years. Come on over to the blog, my fellow '99 classmates, and we will get this ball rolling!

3 comments:

Verenice said...

Can't believe you guys are almost at ten years! How does that happen so fast?

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

I am a 99 grad too! You inspire me Jamie. You just take control and do things. I wish I could think more like you and do such wonderful things! You are awesome. Can you believe its been 10 years? Do people nowadays say awesome anymore? Or is that so old school now?
love,
mel

Highlights said...

you are so young and sweet....*sigh*