Monday, April 7, 2008

My new love


We bought a new Whirlpool washer a week ago and I'm in love. This is the first new appliance we have ever bought. It has no bells or whistles, the bottom of the line model, but we don't care. It's quiet, drains well, and most importantly, washes our clothes. :) Our old washer was one my parents gave us (bought in '99 I think.) It's been a great little washer for the past couple years but the past two weeks it was acting weird. It wouldn't drain completely and at the end of the cycle our clothes were still sopping wet. They had to be wrung out and many were still soapy. We figured it had had a good run, nearly 10 years, and it was time to buy a new one. Hopefully our new washer will last 10+ years too.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

We are about at in the same place with our "original washer." Just today I was thinking that it may be time to finally give it up as it was making crazy noises and half the clothes don't end up washed or still soappy. Not to mention that all the knobs are broken too!

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

Thats my washer!
I am so sorry about the nursing thing. That would be sooo hard. Especially, if this is your last. Thats a scary thought. If I knew this was my last pregnancy, I would probably behave differently and more grateful for even the worst of it. Its such a hard decision and so personal. I really hope he keeps nursing atleast some for your sake Jamie!