Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Good News!

The PA just came in and said my xray from this morning showed no change and the doctors are all pretty confident it's time to take out my last chest tube.  WOO HOO!!!  My tube is getting pulled in about 20 minutes.  After it's out I have to stay still in my bed for an hour and will be closely monitored.  Then at 2pm today I will have another xray.  If all looks fine, I actually could go home later this afternoon!!  (I about fainted when she said that.  I guess I really had convinced myself that it wouldn't be happening for awhile.)  So, today, July 6th could be the big day.  Crossing our fingers!  For now, I need to hurry and eat breakfast, use the bathroom, etc. because once the tube is out, I really can't move for an hour while I'm in my bed.  So, better go.  Will update after 2pm once I hear the results from my xray.  SO excited!!!!!


Nurse Heidi said...

Yippeeeee!!! Free at last, free at last, freeeeeeeee at last! (Or at least hopefully so - I'll check back in later this afternoon!)

Loree said...

so glad to hear things are looking up for you! I have been checking your blog regularly and you are such a strong lady :) I loved your "runaway patient" post! you really are too cute! Tell your mom hello! I hope you keep on healing and recovering fast :) love ya :)

Gramma Cyddie said...

Yay! Anxious to see your post later saying you ARE going home!

Russ and Em said...

I hope you get to go home today! I have been on vacation so just read the last several posts with all of your hospital adventures and misadventures. I have to say I am with your sister. I don't have five friends that I would trust to give me a sponge bath.

Finally, I don't have your address and would love to come to your fundraising garage sale on Saturday. Could you email it to me at ebertemily at hotmail dot com? Thanks!

Cindy said...

SO great to see you yesterday. You look so good and are such an example of strength and faith. Your positive, fun attitude has got you through this.
We all love you,