Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One last post

It's 12:15am now, which means it's the day of my surgery. I fell asleep at 10pm but had a CNA come in to check my vitals and can't get back to sleep.

I'm sitting here, alone, propped up in my hospital bed. The room is dark and I hear the humming of the A/C. Surprisingly, I feel calm. I even have a few moments when I forget why I'm here, until I feel the dull ache in my wrist from the IV, and my loud cough rattles the bed. Oh yes, I remember now. We learned some good news today, though. The dr said the tumor looked like it wasn't completely connected yet to my lower lobe, just dropping into it so it's looking like I 'might' get to keep it and only need my middle lobe removed. He did also say, however, if there was even a tiny bit of uncertainty about the tumor being attached, the lobe would need to come out. If even just one cancer cell is left behind, it will come back. So, crossing our fingers and hoping for the best today. I feel very confident in my doctors and their abilities, and I know I'm in very good hands. Just think, by this time tomorrow I will be cancer-free!! So happy and looking forward to saying those words.

Love you all,
Jamie

20 comments:

Shannon said...

Best of luck and know that people all over the world that you have never met are praying for you.

Nurse Heidi said...

Mighty prayers for you today, friend!

Diamond said...

You have been in my thoughts all week, but for sure, extra today. I am sending an extra prayer up for your doctors.

Ashleigh said...

We've been keeping you in our prayers. I'm glad you've got a lot of support there and that you are well taken care of. Hopefully I'll get to chat with you next week, if you're feeling up to it. We're praying that the lower lobe has been left completely alone. We love you, Jamie!

Katie Jane said...

Wishing you the best! I am loving all the updates. Praying and hoping all goes the best way it can! Katie Thalman

Becky said...

We love you and are praying for you. We'll be praying for your doctor as well. And for your speedy recovery. Keep going!

Kara said...

Our Thoughts and prayers are with you today.
Hugs too.

Loree said...

good luck jamie! i have been praying for you! you are in my thoughts today! hang in there! love ya :)

Debi said...

We love you. We are praying for you, your family, and the doctors.
Hugs and kisses.
Aunt Debi

Russ and Em said...

When you read this you will be cancer free!!! I am praying for you and your family. You have always been an inspiration.

Henline said...

Can't wait to get together again and laugh at disgusting, immature stuff! If anyone can do this, it's you, Super Woman. You are probably the most fit, attractive woman they have ever seen naked and unconscious on their operating table. :D

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you lots today! So glad you got some good news finally! Hoping to hear about your condition and recovery soon...Kim

fsowannabe said...

Good luck - have a speedy and safe surgery. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Naomi said...

I haven't stopped thinking about you this week! Lots and lots of prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. love you so much!

Naomi said...

I haven't stopped thinking about you this week! Lots and lots of prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. love you so much!

Naomi said...

I haven't stopped thinking about you this week! Lots and lots of prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. love you so much!

Naomi said...

Sorry if this posted twice -
I have been thinking about you all week! Lots and lots of prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Love you tons!

Unknown said...

Came on tonight to check on you. Hoping that you are "cancer free" and that you are up an about asap. You are heavily in prayers and thoughts today. Love ya!

Jenni said...

I'm thinking about you!

Jennifer said...

Sending lots of prayers and love your way, Jamie!