Monday, November 29, 2010

We're in DC

We got into DC Saturday afternoon. We visited the American History and Natural History Museums, the Washington Monument, and Lincoln Memorial. Sunday night we had dinner with 8 OA-takers. They were all great. It was wonderful to finally meet my blogger friend, E, from NY. Her husband took the test with Jake today. This morning I took the metro to Pentagon City and walked around the Fashion Centre Mall. Then I spent an hour at the Holocaust Museum, and then met E at the Hirshhorn Museum and talked for 30 mins before I got a call from Jake saying he didn't pass. We are bummed but OK. This adventure just wasn't meant to be, I guess. We get home around 2:30pm tomorrow. Until then, we live it up in DC for one more night.

10 comments:

Zach said...

sorry to hear he didn't pass. I didn't actually think it was possible for Jake to not pass a test, but even the best and brightest miss a few sometimes.

Enjoy DC. A challenge! Go to the library of congress and see if you can find the copy of Postal "better times" that we had copyrighted in 1998 ;)

Jen said...

I am so sorry to hear the news and hope he will try again? I wanted to thank you again for reaching out to me. I really appreciated your comment and do hope to keep in touch!

Daniela Swider said...

Oh, that's such a bummer! I am sorry! But I agree, he shouldn't give up. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

Ksenia said...

Bummer indeed! Like Zach, I didn't think it was possible for Jake not to mass something -- it must have been a really really really hard test.

Is this something you guys will try again? I don't really know how any of this works or even what the test was all about. I hope you enjoyed your DC getaway! We hope to see you guys soon!

The Nortons said...

Sorry to hear that he didn't pass. Enjoy DC for one more night. I will keep hoping for something wonderful and magnificent to come up here for him!

I'll Take Mine... said...

I really enjoyed meeting you. You are even more delightful in person than on your blog. I hope you had a safe trip home. I'm sure the kids are thrilled to see you!

Megan said...

Sorry Jake didn't pass the test. Things happen for a reason, even if we don't always see it at the time. (That is the story of our married life). But I know you guys are being blessed. I hope you have a good time in DC.

Verenice said...

You guys are such troopers. But, what I have learned from ending up in Mexico for med school, is that where there's a will there's a way. Good luck to you guys!!

Becky said...

Thinking of you.

Bfiles said...

so sorry he did not pass. This process is not for the faint of heart. take care of yourselves.