Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Come So Far

 My parents were here last week, visiting our family, seeing my sister's comedy show at BYU, and picking up a "Baby-Shower-in-a-Box" I put together for my other sister to take back to her in Washington.  While we were on our way to get lunch on Saturday, my mom pulled out her new Staff ID badge she got from the high school she works at.  We were commenting about her picture and how good she looked in it.  Then my dad pulled out his driver's license and we all laughed a little at his picture.  Then I pulled out mine.  My dad said it looks like a different person.  Ben said it doesn't look like me.  Emma asked why my neck and cheeks were so fat.  Nice.  My dad showed Jake (who was driving, so not exactly safe) and Jake said at the time when the picture was taken all he saw was "Jamie", and didn't think anything of my weight issues.  (What a sweetie.  That's real love right there.)  I have to laugh when I look at my driver's license.  I love the looks I get when I have to show my ID.  I get double-takes every single time.  Yep, that was me.  (Granted, I was pregnant in this picture so that adds to my bloated-ness... but still.)  Hard to believe that was me 3 years ago.  I was about 205 lbs. and I remember asking the guy at the desk if I should put my current pregnant weight on my license, or put my "regular" weight on there.  He said my regular weight, so that's what I put.  It's amazing to me that I weigh less than my "regular" weight, and that girl in the picture is long gone.  I still exercise 4-5 times a week.  My running is still slow coming, but I'm working on it.  When I get in a rut I just have to remind myself how far I've come, because really... I've come so far.  And I have to thank many of you for loving me and supporting me, to help me get this far.

2 comments:

Verenice said...

It's amazing Jamie! All your hard worked paid off. You are an inspiration.

Ashleigh said...

Oh my goodness, that seriously doesn't even look like you. It's almost like you're wearing a mask. Jake's right, though. At the time, you don't really think anything of it. You are...well, YOU. You're not a "chubbier" version of you, it's just you and nobody really thinks much more beyond that. But when you look back and see jut how far you have come from that point, it's amazing. You're tiny and trim and healthy and definitely an inspiration to everyone.