Friday, October 24, 2008

GREAT News!

My dr called yesterday with my echocardiogram results. He said my heart looked great, younger than it actually is. He said he's sure all my exercising has paid off in more ways than just losing weight. He said the stress test went really well and the fact I made it 14 minutes was pretty astounding to him (they had me run on a treadmill and hiked up the incline and speed while my heart rate was being recorded.) They got it up to 189 and then had me jump back on the table and they did another ultrasound of my heart to see how it acts when it's stressed. He did mention as I recovered after the test my heart would beat 5 or 6 times in a row without a break. In the short term he said he's not worried but it's just something I need to be aware of. If I start feeling chest pains, palpitations, dizzy, etc. I need to stop (obviously.) Anyway, he had no reservations about my exercise and said to keep doing what I'm doing. I was really excited to hear the good news and that my heart acts younger than 27. YEAH, baby. Exercise can turn back the clock... remember that!

7 comments:

Woodruff Family said...

Yea, I'm glad everything appears to be alright.

Cansas said...

That's great news! Yeah for exercise.

Ashley said...

Woo hoo!

Chelsea said...

That is really great news! It gives me more motivation to keep running!

Russ and Em said...

Congrats!!

Brian said...

OMG! You're 27? That's so old! lol, j/k. Right before my mission they thought I had a heart murmur until they did some tests and realized I was fine. Silly doctors.

Ksenia said...

Great news! So glad to hear it! And you are definitely inspiring many to put more effort into exercise.