Monday, October 20, 2008

Another Awesome Run

I've had a nasty cold the past three days and so didn't get my long run in on Saturday, which I was pretty bummed about. Last night I set my alarm for 5:15am so I could get a really good workout in to make up for the weekend. Well, my alarm went off and I was not feeling it so I hit snooze. I called the gym's daycare right when they opened to see if they had an opening this morning and thank goodness, they did! I went in at 10:30am (I only had about 40 minutes until I had to get the kids and then go pick Ben up from kindergarten.) I turned on the treadmill and told myself to just make two miles, not push myself, and see how my body was feeling after a 3-day cold. I felt GREAT, much better than I should have felt after how sick I've been. I ran 3 miles in 28:08, my fastest 3 mile run so far. (Maybe I should get sick more often!! JOKE.) I felt so good I wanted to go another mile or two but had to finish up so I could get the kids. I've lost 21 lbs. now, more than halfway past my goal. I'm crossing my fingers that in another couple months I'll be there. Yesterday when I was getting ready for church, I pulled out my skirts and tried them all on. My skinniest skirts are loose which is awesome, but not great for our pocket book. Jake told me I need to learn how to tailor my clothes (he was joking... at least I think he was.) I told him when I get down to my goal we're getting me a whole new wardrobe. YEAH, baby! My motivation is back! WOO HOO!! Thanks for all the inspirational posts last week. I needed a little kick in the butt.

2 comments:

Adriana said...

Yay You!!!
So I caved and I'm going to do the surf city half marathon in February... and it's for a good cause, I'm going to raise $500 for the production of wheelchairs fit for the rought terrain in third world countries... Wish me Luck!!! I know I'll be able to raise the money I just hope I won't need one of those wheelchairs at the end of the race.

Darren and Traci said...

Awesome, glad you got a second wind! Switching things up can really help, when I was good about working out the classes offered at the gym is what kept me going because it was set at a certain time that I knew I needed to make it by and kept things interesting. So if you get into another slump later you could always try that tactic. I'm rooting for that new wardrobe for you!!!