Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Don't go summer. Don't go!

Hard to believe that summer is coming to a close.  6 days and the kids are back to school.  Wish we had another month.  It's been nice having reduced hours at work and being able to spend more time with Jake and the kiddos.  Here is a quick rundown of our summer:

JUNE
3- Last day of school
4- Ran the Fight for Air 10K
6-11- Worked at the dance studio, had competition team auditions on the 11th
8- My 30th
11- Grandpa Carling died
13- Ben's scout camp
14- Grandpa Carling's funeral
15-19- St. George vacation with Jake's family
25- Taylorsville Days with Jake's family

JULY
2- NSL 5K with friends Abby, Kim, and Meighan, and NSL fireworks that night
4- Rainy BBQ in City Creek Canyon with Jake's family
4-15- Kids took swim lessons
6-12- My parents came to visit
9- BBQ with my mom's side of the family
11-15- Jake's scout camp
12-28- Back to work
15-16- Ward Campout
18- Bee's Game with friends (Smith's, Berg's, and Bett's)
19-24- Sister, Ashleigh, and her 3 girls came to visit
20-24- My parents came back to visit
21- Cousin, Hillary's wedding, and Ash took our family pics
22- Cousin, Logan's wedding
23- 4th birthday party for Josh at Seven Peaks Salt Lake with Grandma and Grandpa Call, Aunt Ash, Aunt Whit, and cousins Jayden, Ryleigh, and Baleigh
24- Cousin, Hadlee's birthday party
26- Josh's 4th birthday

AUGUST
3- Fox News interview
3-5- Cousin, Kimball stayed with us
6- SL Running Co 5K with friends Abby, Emily, and Kim
8- Sold some of our old stuff on KSL and made $90 (woo hoo!)
9- Gordy Mabey's Eagle Court of Honor
11- Saw a car accident, called 911, helped the girl who got hit (she ended up fracturing her hip and needing her chin stitched up, but thankfully she survived the crash!)
11- RS meeting at Kathy Hatton's house
11-15- Josh was sick
12- Worked the fall registration at the studio
12- Cousin, Adam's jazz concert in Park City
13- Lagoon
16- Back to work & Ben has an ear infection... :(

This Saturday is the Hobble Creek half marathon, my first half marathon since the cancer and surgery.  It's going to be rough.  I'm not going to lie.  I've ran 3-5 miles twice a week for the past couple months.  I ran 8 miles last Saturday and my left hip was bugging me.  Let's just say, this won't be the best race I've ever ran but I just keep telling myself I need to be happy with the fact I can even RUN.  I debated for a second on pulling out of the race because I knew it would be hard and I wouldn't PR, but of course I gave myself a little kick in the butt and reminded myself it's not about my time or how well I run it, it's just the fact that I cross the finish line.  That really is what matters.  And so... I will push myself and run 13.1 miles on Saturday.  I know a lot of people are rooting for me and it means so much.  I'm reminded of this race last year.  I was planning on running it, then found out about the cancer and had surgery.  My sweet friend, Heidi, stepped up and ran in my place, getting me my goal of under 2 hours.  I'm running on Saturday for all those who have helped my family and inspired us to be strong and push through the tough times these past couple years.  Love you all!

Below are some pics from our summer festivities:

1 comment:

Sonja said...

I love getting together with family!
What a great jam-packed summer, good and bad but all-in-all, wonderful!