Saturday, March 20, 2010

Potty Training Rockstar

Josh is now on Day 6 of potty training and is doing awesome. (I really can't believe I just typed those words!) The first day he had 5 accidents, but actually peed in the toilet twice. Day Two he had a couple accidents (#1 and #2), but peed in the toilet a few times as well. The next day he had two accidents (#1 and #2). Wednesday he had ZERO accidents, and even pooped in the toilet twice! Thursday he had two accidents, once at the gym (I didn't take him right before I dropped him off and should have), and once during his nap. Yesterday he had one poop accident and it was my fault. He said he needed to go and I didn't rush him to the toilet fast enough before it was already out (TMI, I know.) Today there have been ZERO accidents. He woke up completely dry this morning (which he has done the past three nights), told me when he needed to poo and actually went and did it, and when I say it's time to go potty he says "OK." He walks to the bathroom, takes off his pants, steps up on the stool, sits down, and promptly does his business. This is AMAZING! Neither of my other two kids were this easy. You know, I really feel deep down that I earned this. ;) After having one really hard kid, and one semi-hard kid, it was time to get one of those 'easy' kids you hear about from other parents but don't actually believe they really exist. Jake and I are so proud of Joshie! He's turning into such a big boy.

PS After dinner tonight I found Josh on the toilet, going #2. He went in all by himself, turned the light on, took his pants off, sat on the toilet, and started going. Are you KIDDING ME?! I'm lovin' this boy. ;)

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

You have motivated us to really work on Ryleigh wearing panties at night and staying clean. Chad's been waking up with her to take her to the potty. She just sleeps too deep and doesn't wake up otherwise. We're hoping she catches on and can eventually hold it in. Congrats on Josh! That's exciting!!!

Dream Big Designs said...

Good work super mom! And good job Josh! The pics of Emma are sooo dang darling!

Sonja said...

Yeah Josh, I am soooo proud of you!

Chelsea said...

NICE! Way to go, Josh! Happy Birthday to Emma as well. She really is growing so fast!