Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back to real life

We got home from Malaysia 6 days ago and the kids and I are really wishing we were still there. Jake left for a mining conference in Denver on Sunday so I've been going solo the past few days. He will be back late Friday night. All three kids are sick, Josh has it worse than the others. He has a temp of 101.5, runny nose, bad cough and just doesn't feel good. He's not my usual happy little boy. I think the drastic weather change might be the cause of their colds. We are almost back to normal, as far as jet lag is concerned. Last night Josh was the only one who woke up which I was very happy about (and he only woke up once.) I played with him around midnight and then put him back down around 1am. The poor guy is miserable. It will be nice once we are finally back to normal. I feel so lazy. I'm sitting here still in my pj's and it's 1:20pm. Josh and Ben are in their pj's too. I don't want to take the kids anywhere until they start feeling better, especially Josh, so I guess I better accept the laziness for now. I should look on the bright side, all this down time is giving us a few more days to recover from our trip. It will be nice to have Jake back home for good (at least until his next business trip or his NYC trip in August.) The kids and I really haven't seen him much since before our vacation, 3 weeks ago. We have a few home projects put on hold until Jake gets back. We will be planting our garden soon and getting a BBQ. I'm excited for summer nights on our patio, BBQing and enjoying warm nights together.

I had to mention one more thing before I end my post. While we were gone in Malaysia, Jake worked really hard making the yard look good. It also rained a lot and so everything looks much greener and beautiful. The trees have leaves now and the bushes down in our scrub oak on the side of our house have leaves as well. I thought our yard looked good when we first bought the house with all the fall colors, but now I think it's more beautiful and I've fallen in love with our house all over again. We are so lucky to have such an amazing house. I can't wait until we can make the inside as beautiful as the outside. We plan to eventually redo the kitchen, the three bathrooms, the office, and put new carpet in downstairs. By the time we are done with this house it will be amazing.

2 comments:

McLane said...

Your kids are so darn cute. It looks like you had a great time on your trip! The pictures are beautiful. Landon and I are flying out Thursday to Orlando to meet up with Ryan and his family. I hope Landon is as good as Josh was on the airplane.

Take Care,
Brooke

Darren and Traci said...

It looks like you had so much fun on your trip. That is so awesome that you were able to have that experience. Glad everything is kind of settling down and your schedules are getting back to normal. That's so hard to come home from a long trip to no hubby though.