Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We're in the clear!!

In December the dr said Josh had a double ear infection. He was on a round of antibiotics and we brought him back in January for his 18 month appt. The ear infections had not cleared so we had to give him another kind of antibiotics and the dr said to bring Josh back a month later to check again. Well, February he still had them. March... still had them. April he had one. We were told if he had an infection this month then he would need tubes for sure. Well, both ears were clear yesterday. WOO HOO! So no tubes for Joshie, at least not yet. The dr said if he starts getting them again in the fall/winter, he needs them but as for now, we're in the clear. I'm glad. I was really dreading having to put my baby under, even if it was only for a few minutes. Ugh. Hopefully we won't have to deal with this again... knock on wood.

(Above) I LOVE this pic of Josh. He was so happy, eating his brownie and being a little ham.

Also, for those of you wondering (and I'm sure EVERYONE is), my toenail finally came off on Sunday. I was debating if I would plate it in gold, my first toenail to come off because of my running... Two seconds later I threw it in the trash. Anyway, I think my toe looks even more gross now without the nail than it did with a blue toenail. Oh well.

6 comments:

Ashleigh said...

OH MY GOSH! That picture of Josh is CRAZY! I was laughing so hard when I clicked on it and saw his face up close. He's so funny! I'm glad that the doesn't have to get tubes in his ears. Yuck, what a fun experience that would have been.
P.S. You're gross. Nobody needs to know about parts of your body falling off.

Annie said...

Yea! That is exciting! It is not fun having your kiddo under anesthesia---- Unfortunately we know all to well(SEVEN surgeries for Allie- some of them LONG!!)
Also, Congrats on the lost toe nail.... :) I always paint on a fake one- dark red works great. :)

Mindurs said...

What an adorable little guy, I bet he is chuck full of personality.

Thanks for the update on the toenail I was getting worried.

Zach 'n' Jack said...

yeah! so glad he doesn't have to get tubes, that's great! The official day for me is Dec 1; I am HOPING that this illness slacks off in the next few weeks. I thought I was doing good, didn't throw up for the last week, but then was back in front of the toilet today.... guess I'm back to popping anti-nausea pills for a little bit longer. You are looking amazingly beautiful!!

The Duckworth Family said...

Glad they are gone...my mom swears by something to get rid of ear infections....it might worth a shot next time before going for tubes. And yes, that pic is totally cute!

Julie said...

Hey Jamie- So I win worst blog commmenter of the year. Just had to tell ya how stinking cute JOsh is! I can't believe Ben is already gonna be a first grader. Sorry about your flooding issues! :)
Hopefully it won't be too hard to fix!