Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Decorating

We were slackers this year and didn't get to decorating our pumpkins until tonight, the day before Halloween.  Oh well.  At least it got done.  We've wanted to do it as a family and last weekend Ben was gone, and I work Monday through Thursday nights, so it's been hard to find a day that worked for everyone.  Glad it finally happened, though.  Tonight Jake pulled out the laptop and showed the kids examples of jack-o-laterns, so they could all get an idea of what they wanted to do on their pumpkin.  Emma wanted a vampire pumpkin face, Josh wanted a scary face (and Jake added the soul patch).  Ben scoured the internet for an idea and finally decided on the Loch Ness Monster.  I tried to draw the thing free-hand and I think it pretty much looks like the one on the web (at least Ben's happy with it and that's all that matters.)  We had fun scooping out the pumpkin guts, and putting candles inside and lighting them.  Now the kids are asleep, I'm sure dreaming about all the candy they will be getting tomorrow.  I'm glad there is no school and we can sleep in a little.  I have a dr appt. at 9:30am but then we are pretty much free the rest of the day, until trick-or-treat time.  I was looking over my calendar tonight and couldn't believe next week is Daylight Savings (yay!), and then 3 1/2 weeks until Thanksgiving.  Time is going by way too fast.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Very cute, I love all their reactions to the pumpkin guts and killing their pumpkins, HA!